My name is Mathias Hall-Andersen, I am a cryptology PhD student at Aarhus University (with Jesper Buus Nielsen). My primary interests are: cryptography, algebra, reverse engineering and anything which lies in the intersection. More broadly I have an interest in security and privacy enhancing technology. I sometimes play CTF with Kalmarunionen.
On this website I post my thoughts on cryptography related technical matters, projects I have been working on and write-ups for CTF challenges.
|2020 - 2023 (expected)||PhD in Computer Science||Aarhus University|
|2017 - 2020||Master in Computer Science||University of Copenhagen|
|2019 (fall)||Master Thesis (Contingent Payments)||Aarhus University|
|2018 (fall)||Exchange||ETH Zürich (D-INFK)|
|2017||Bachelor Thesis (Linear Cryptanalysis)||Technical University of Denmark|
|2014 - 2017||Bachelor in Computer Science||University of Copenhagen|
|2020 (fall) - 2023||PhD Student||Aarhus University|
|2022 (summer)||Internship||O(1) Labs|
|2021 (summer)||Internship (Programming/Research, DARPA SIEVE)||Trail of Bits, Remote|
|2020 (fall)||Instructor in Distributed Systems and Security||Aarhus University|
|2020 (summer)||Internship (Programming/Research, DARPA SIEVE)||Trail of Bits, Remote|
|2020 (spring)||External lecturer in Proactive Computer Security||University of Copenhagen|
|2019 (fall)||Open source development on WireGuard-rs
(Next-Generation Internet grant)
|2019 (spring)||Instructor in Proactive Computer Security||University of Copenhagen|
|2018 (summer)||Internship (Security Consultant)||NCC Group, New York
|2017 (fall) - 2018||TA in Practical Cryptology||Technical University of Denmark|
|2017 (summer)||Google Summer of Code||WireGuard (Linux Foundation)|
|2016 (fall)||Instructor in Computer Systems||University of Copenhagen|
|2016||Student Assistant||Deloitte CRS|
|2015||Java programmer||Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken|
- Count me in! Extendability for Threshold Ring Signatures for Asiacrypt 2022.
- Secure Multiparty Computation with Free Branching for Eurocrypt 2022.
- Stacking Sigmas: A Framework to Compose Σ-Protocols for Disjunctions for Eurocrypt 2022.
- Veksel: Simple, Efficient, Anonymous Payments with Large Anonymity Sets… for AsiaCCS 2022.
- Game Theory on the Blockchain: A Model for Games with Smart Contracts, for SAGT 2021.
- Generating Graphs Packed with Paths, for IACR-FSE-2019, video.
- nQUIC: Noise-Based QUIC Packet Protection, for EPIQ'18 (ACM)
|PGP Key||/key.asc or keybase.io, Fingerprint:
|Website||rot256.dev – you are looking at it.|
Questions? Interesting projects? Feel free to drop me an email.